Sunday, September 7, 2008

::Street paR-tay::

On my way from work to home, I bumped into Regent's Street festival (well actually was told by Aizal about it, so I'm all set with my camera! hehe) I have been meaning to go to one of these street festival in London.. and finally.. something is happening so close to my office.. hiks
So, this has make up my frustration for missing that infamous Notting Hill festival last month..
Apparently according to the brochure, the theme this year is 'A Great British Experience' (duhh..). There s'pose to be marching bands, fanfare trumpeters, pipe bands, live music, dance performances, a veteran car display, gourmet food stalls… and bla bla bla.. well.. where the heck is all that? As I passed through Regent Street, all I could see were some empty tents labelled 'face makeup' then some 'chokia' fun-fare wheels.. Hurm.. maybe I am too late after all.. it's 6pm and the festival was meant to last till 8. So, what left is some british band performances (which actually sound rather fab ..hiks.. talking lika brits already), pipe bands- which was surrounded by too many curious tourist including myself hehe.

I got to say, I am not at all impress! Maybe because my attention was more to the rows and rows of shops (Burberry, Hermes, Jaeger, Jigsaw, Banana republic- to name a few, in such a BIG block) alongside the street rather than the so-called festival. Yup, it was my first time to walk on this street.. usually I'd go towards Bond Street.

Anyway.. since I got the camera and all.. let me just share some of the onsite scenery;

And alang-alang tu.. why not I share also a lil bit of the street that i walk every other day to work.

Pic: Mind the statue on top of my office block entrance. That boy is showing off his fly!!! hehehehe

2 comments:

Elle said...

Heeii regent street tu mmg sentiasa ramai orang kan even without apa2 festival sebab situ tempat shopping best2. Aku & Ifwan rasa macam nak pengsan everytime gi situ sebab ada Apple store 2 tingkat yang besar nak mampos tu .. hahahaha

Yeen said...

Haah.. specially Apple store tu.. mmg pack gile.. ni pun just came back dr jln2 ambek angin kat Regent.st .. sebbb pening buat keje (boleh tak?) hahaha