Monday, September 15, 2008

Favour Returns

For Melayu, in order to get to know each other better, they have to exchange their hospitality. The phrase 'jemputla datang rumah' is quite commonly used. So, like any other ordinary melayu.. I've invited people over to my house.. (ermm.. btw this pic is NOT my house..it's ibah's -lady in black)
I'm sure some of my friends (and my sister specially) who happen to know me from before would feel that I've changed.. A LOT! And yes.. indeed I did. Being abroad, far away from home has taught me a lot. More in London than Doha.. in Doha.. we were kinda spoilt, so we don't really feel the need to exhaust ourselves over for something that we could easily buy. In London.. it's all about getting things done by yourself. Jimat sket.. hehe
So, what happen was, Saturday we went to Ibah's house for berbuke.. (having had them over to our home before - quite good example of the melayu-culture that I was talking about.. hiks). Had delicious briyani, kueh2 traditional.. but not so much of intimate chat (although all of them were quite friendly and nice to talk to) as I was running around to chase the lil rugrat up and down the stairs!!! cobaan tul Myra ni..

And.. it's our turn on Sunday, but this time - we invited another two family over for berbuka - as their first time visit to our humble home... hiks
..The menu..

::Nasik Lemak sambal udang, sambal ikan bilis, telur rebus, some timun, kueh gulung (which lesson learnt- to make the filling using desiccated coconut, you need to add water to get the right texture!).. and as a side dish, AYAM PERCIK (from my-mother-in-laws-famous-recipe..thanks Ibu!)::

How on earth did I manage to pull this off, god knows! But that's me now.. living my life away from Mak.. Pasar Ramadhan and everything that make me life so simple before.

Then, on Monday, we invited another two more guests -my old colleague Karl and his aunt for some thai night in - there were tomyam, padprik, telur bungkus and fried veggie plus Aizal's famous cheese Samosa.. (but no pics taken- terforgot). Hehe.. boleh tahan jugakla rase..

So, there you go.. the new me- a mother and a cook (apparently.. hehe). By the way.. if any of my guest happen to read this, thanks again for coming! It's our pleasure to have you around.. and sorry kalau ade termasin tertawar and any other ter... ;)

6 comments:

Elle said...

Bravo my fren .. bravo .. kau sememangnya suda berubah.. hahahahaha. Maknanya ada hikmah la kau duduk Doha kan? :)

Yeen said...

hehehe.. banyak sangat hikmahnye!

Anonymous said...

heheh...it was great yeen...nnt kitorang host plak....we are also thinking of moving to the front flat...lagik luas living die...selamat berpuasa and u memang domestic goddess lah...heheh

zal said...

hehehehehe... teringat masa dulu, we kind of force you utk buat makan-makan kat cascade... and the night before that you called up for food tasting... hehehehe... :-)

was it sambal cili n rendang daging masa tu??? n masak kicap pun still tgk resepi :-)

Yeen said...

farah - u just proved my entry.. hehehe.. btw sorila myra ganas sangat! taiko tul la die kacau anak u camtu.. eish eish.. nak kne babab dah ni

zal - hahahaha tula.. tapi skrang buat sambal ke, nasik lemak ke, pejam sebelah mate jek.. muahahaha (terlebih riak)

Anonymous said...

congrate..dah jadi real mommy...pandai gak my sis nie masak...nasi lemak lagik...nak resepi ayam percik mak aizal tu...

yeen org da pandai buat kek coklat..senang giler...