Friday, March 20, 2020

#KoronaMu

The world seems to be too relax when the first case of coronavirus were detected in Wuhan end of Dec 2019.
I dunno why, but I kinda felt different with the virus, I was supposed to book our family trip to Athens in early April, but somehow, because of the outbreak, I just don't feel right to proceed. I waited out.
Everyday I search for flight and accommodation there, but I still didn't feel good enough to book.
Luckily I didn't. 
The outbreak got worst. 

Today, 20th of March 2020. 
It has now reached pandemic status. Not only that, but other countries seems to following through the number of infected people as was in China. 

A lot could happen in few weeks. 
Last week, my husband was suppose to come back from Nepal from a trip that was arranged like a year ago. But, Qatar suddenly stop anyone coming from Nepal, they have to go to unbanned country for 14days before they can come back to Qatar. 
So, with no choice, he and 4 other friends (all working in Qatar) diverted to Malaysia. Staying there, under self quarantine. Hoping everything will go as smoothly. But.. The situation has gotten worst. 
My gut feelings, from the day Qatar announced closure of all schools in Qatar was right. There will be more strict direction from the government.

 I took a swift action. For me, rather than we are separated, might as well we go back to Malaysia to be together, because a lot can happen in 14days. So, on Wed night, 11th of March, I boarded the flight back with the kids. 


The airport was literally empty. Not with the usual crowds. We were keeping our distance with everyone. Sanitizing all the time. Whilst we were walking towards the aeroplane door, I saw the news: Qatar's coronavirus case hit 238. 
Then there's a news from Kuwait, closing their airport for all incoming and outgoing flights. My god, at that moment, I knew I have made the right decision. Qatar usually will follow close with Kuwait. I was worried for my friends. 

We are about to take off, leaving Qatar behind. My second home. I left with a heavy heart. But, if we are to be locked down, I rather be locked down with my family together in Malaysia. So, I don't really want to think of what the future holds. We may not be able to go back to Qatar.. But is it better to be separated? 
I told the same thing to my friends. 

Today, 20 March 2020.

Qatar has stopped all incoming flights for 14 days. Which mean we can only go back on 1st of April. 
Malaysian cases has gone worst. We are nearing 1k. And we only started with Restricted Movement Order (RMO) for 2 days. Same order which Qatar has taken when they got only 20s cases. I would say Malaysia was a bit late. Some more, the RMO was not that strict enough. People in Malaysia seems to ignore it. 
The day they implemented the RMO, instead of staying put in the house, more people flees all over the country to be with their parents in the village. Just like in Italy when they started to announce lock down. 
Hmmm.. 
Today italy has gone worst than China, surpasses their total deaths. 
I wonder, what will happen to Malaysia.. 


Stay put in your house Malaysian. Don't be selfish and think nothing could ever happen to you. Because as of now, nobody knows who's next. 

Quarantine day 2 for the whole of Malaysia.. But it was day 8 of self quarantine for us. A long way to go.. And many possibilities to come. 

-We can only hope for the best-

No comments: