Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yet another makan2

There will be makan2 before departure, makan2 after departure & of cos makan2 saje2 takde occasion. Since we are back from KL, I've got this urge to try out few recipes which requires the use of my new not-so-high-tech steamer. It is the traditional one, bought from Kelate by Deen, thanks man.. Aizal lupe nak bayar, I will make sure he pays next time we are back in KL! ;)
So, on the first makan2 of the month at Rizal's ala-ala thai, I tot of trying out the kueh Seri Muke..but Myra all of the sudden had the urge for nature. Poor myra, she's been having constipation ever since we are back in KL. So, both me & Aizal struggle to help her. At the end, I can just forget about the kueh Seri Muke.. tengok seri muke Myra lepas uk uk lagi bes ;).
So, as the results of battling with Myra's attempt to get the 'stony choc' out from her tummy, we came late and straight to the guest bedroom to settle in myra.. (sorry..dah passed her bedtime..so can't help it!) and..I didn't get the chance to cook any dessert or whatever.. but hey, the tot did came through! Promise~

Next, come the makan2 invitation for the safe return from umrah by Rizal family. They serves some lamb curry (which is delicious btw), chicken, rice, kurma & air zam-zam (ambek berkat). There were many unfamiliar faces around, I was thinking I mite come to the wrong house. But, in the end, i had a great time, getting to know few new interesting people. Well.. sume pun orang malaysia jugak anyway..tak lari kemane pun~ hiks. And this time, i manage to try out my kueh seri muke recipe that i got out of the internet. Got the pics, but i'm too lazy to upload now.. will do it someday, heh..

Then, come the Dunestock plan..our car has been packed with tikar, the fridge was packed with marinated lamb, hotdogs, kebabs and fish balls for the side BBQ as we plan. But, come the time to go, we've been told that the trip had to be cancelled due to bad weather..very the dusty! I can't take Myra out in the dust, and so is Dilla. So, to make thing better, I voluntarily invites them to have the BBQ at our place instead. So there! First BBQ after our arrival.

See, people in Doha just so desperate for any reason to have a celebration, as this is what keeps us here, happy and alive. Else, we would've been miserable, boring & dull.. heh.

No comments: