Saturday, November 7, 2009

When Myra goes to school

It has been 4 times since Myra went to the nearby Nursery, and yet still no sign of her being comfortable, let alone getting use to. The first week, we tried seding her for an hour session each for two days. Both days she clinged onto her teacher. Both days she'll cry the minute she saw me. And I can't even describe her sad look and her screaming tears when I pass her to leave. It was too emotional, but the teacher said it is an essential stage where the mother/father has to be strong, not to fall for their sappy look, yesss.. it was hard. She will eventually get use to the idea. But, even for that one hour, I feel like I've done wrong, I felt that I should have not even suggested the idea to send her to school. I regretted to ever register, but after much consultations, i then come to my sense. It is for her own goodness, so she'll have more friends and learn to be more independent.
Then, on her first official start of her school day, she was up from 4:30am. All happy, and playful. I bathe her, feed her and ask if she wanted to go to school, and she nodded. But.. little that she knows, school means no Mommy. And school means the same place that she went to the other week. So, she wasn't even panic and just felt happy and excited that we are going out.
But, the minute I pull off infront of the Nursery, she started to cry. She now realize the meaning of my earlier question, school means another disasterous moment of being away from Mommy. For her first day, I left her from 8am till just before 12, not to leave her for too long, as I don't want to torture her too much. On my return to pick her up, I saw that her face was all red and her eyes were bloated from tears. I guess she was crying the whole time she was there..sigh.
To make her (and me) feel better, i took her out to Landmark for some Spagetti Bolognese, but not long after we arrived, she's already fast asleep. Poor thing, must be too tired from all the crying, plus being up from 4.30 in the morning.

Then come her second official day to school. This time, I had to pick her up from bed. I had to wake her and get her ready. But seeing me in my hijab, she's already screaming, panicly saying 'No No No' while trying to bukak my tudung. Hehe.. funny, now she learn the concept of early morning wakes means- school. And the same emotional-process of handing over continue. But day 2, went by with some progress, she cried much less says the teacher, but was very possesive of the teacher and got all jealous if the teacher is entertaining other kids.
Oh Myra, i hope your school next week will get better, nasib baek 2 hari seminggu jer, Mommy pun tak sanggup nak ngadap muke sedih Myra hari-hari... but on another hand, Mommy syok, that now I have few hours all to myself that I could catch up on my pending list of things-to-do including Pilates.. hiks.

2 comments:

Dills said...

Menangis i baca entry ni. Teringat Aidil dulu. Sebak tgk muka dia bila nak saparate. But i have to do what i have to do. Its for his own good. So do Myra. You will see the benefits later on. Im glad that i send him to early playschool. I lagi la hantar 5 days straight. But then he was already 4. (imagine at 4 guling guling atas lantai crying nak ikut balik...haih...) I cried all the eay back home and still crying now..! Sebak betul teringat masa tu...

waann said...

huhu..sedey jer baca..tapi actually i anta danish to nusery dari 2 months lg 9-5..huhu..so bile da nk 3 thn ni, dia ok jer la..may b coz myra baru nk start at this age, susah skit la kot.tp dun't worry..dia mesti cepat blajar mcm2..even danish skrang ckp stret jer.tak der pelat2 pon..hihi..gud luck myra!