Saturday, November 14, 2009

Brasil vs England


I never tot one can fall asleep with eyes wide open whilst watching a football match, until today. It was such a boring game.. and yeah i know, who am I to judge such a game as I don't quite watch football match before. But my hubby seems to agree with me. The first half saw our countless yawn and sigh; the Brazil team keep attacking but couldn't finish the job, as all; yes I mean ALL of the England player turn to defend. Yikes.. memangla.. friendly match.. most of which just lika warmup session for the reserves players. Oh yeah,, you must be wondering, whattehell am i talking about aite? hehehe.. i just got back from Khalifa Stadium; there's a friendly match between Brazil and England...organized with two agenda (as I was told); one, to celebrate Aljazeera Sport's 6th anniversary and two, to show that Qatar bids for World Cup 2022 ain't a joke. Apparently, they want to do it all (yup.. still got their bid for future Olympics eventhough their summer is like 40degree-boiling-hot!).

But things has gotten pretty exciting after the second half, 2 minutes after the wisel blown, Brazil scored their first goal. It was quite unexpected, maybe because everybody were down with boredom (well if not everybody pun, I'm sure I was! hehe). Lepas dah masuk satu gol tu, barulaaa ade thrill sket from pihak lawan. Tapi, sampai sudah England gagal nak lawan. So at the end they settled with 1-0. Maka, happy la kami-kami yang menyokong Brazil. ;)

But the thing about tonite is, although it was an almost-full stadium, with lots of waves around the clocks, and opposing trumpet song from England fans, I still kinda think it was not as meriah as i expected, something definitely is missing. Hurm.. (or maybe it's just a tiny guilt for leaving Myra behind, while the moms n dads having fun at the stadium? hehehehe)

Yeah.. with no Brazil's jersey to wear, we opt for a green-Amsterdam and yellow-bali to make up their colours.. hiks.

No comments: