Sunday, June 14, 2009

Qatar for Dummies part 2


Wait, I tot finger print s'pose to be for fingers.. then why the heck did they stamped the whole hand again?

Yes.. you've guessed it right, my medical result is fine, so I'm off to the next stage in the RP process; Finger printing... (so they called it)

The process is quit easy. We were took by the company's driver there, banyak jugak dah berubah, more rooms available, plus ade canopy with waiting chairs outside of the building. We were told to go to Room No 4, for Ladies finger print (said on the door: Crimical Record clearance! huuu.. scary). There were practically no crowds at all, and they have very good numbering system. Plus there's this lady who called out numbers, and place the people in order, so bile nombo naik, senang; terus bangun and buat finger print. The funny thing was, the displayed number is 61, but the lady dah advanced by 10! calling people with 71 and above.. (ingatkan die taktau sebut nombo in English.. rupe-rupenye memang die cepat), Anyway, yang penting lancar...

So, the process is all about scanning the jari-jemari one by one into the system, then tapak tangan, then the whole hand- both left and right (seb baek tak di suruh scan tapak kaki!!) . And good thing that they've upgraded to computerized system; it started like a week or so in the year I last arrived in Doha, erm.. was it 2006? (yes.. I'm so lucky takyah go through the messy finger print - the one which use black ink! so.. bayangkan jelaa sendiri dulu-dulu nye process camane! hehe) ..And, no.. your children don't have to scan theirs! ;)

Balik je from finger print, the company's driver took us back into the office. So, I then make use of the chance to see some of my old colleague there. Seb baek, they still remember me.. kalau tak malu jugak saye hehe.. I can't believe that I'm back to see them, after less than a year of our farewell party! Saw the old desk, no changes what so-ever.. Seeing the whole buildings, with friendly old colleagues are making me miss work a lil bit. But that's fine.. i'm a manager of my own house now, so lagi best ;)

After some brief catch up with them, i'm off to home sweet home. Another week to find out if I'm cleared of any criminal record and to finally granted the RP! Wish me luck~

No comments: