Monday, January 19, 2009

the big Y

I have been stretching myself for a non-stop work lately. I didn't think I'd be this tired. Our channel finally launches their 24hours airtime. Which mean, we have to work extra hard to cover all those hole of shifts. There are 7 of us to struggle along the 24hours, 7days job but we are down with 5; 1 is on a month leave and 1 is a newbie.
I'm amazed how they couldn't care less with the fact that their employees are struggling to fulfil their greedy need to show off their we-can-do-it-too attitude. Yesterday, another colleague of mine had to be release due to family emergency, so now we are down to 4... which mean, no off days until next week. Sweet huh?! As if we don't have a life.. as if we don't have a 16months old daughter who now screams more for attention. It sadden me.. And people say slavery is things of the past.
Like it or not, at some point we are all a slave. Enslaved by money, by greed and by needs. Nothing is ever enough anymore. If one day we finally manage to buy ourselves something that we can't ever dream of having in the past, we would then wants MORE. We would then see, hurm.. maybe I should get it in black, purple or pink to match the dress..
and I am as guilty as anyone else in this world. I let myself to be enslave of my own desire for more money.. thus result the stretchful non-stop work.

the endless desire, the desire to show off.. just like my Bbeloved Company....

No comments: