Monday, December 8, 2008

to Raye or Not to Raye

I think I almost forgot what it feels like to celebrate Hari Raye, let it be Aidilfitri or Aidiladha...
this morning I woke up feeling just as normal.. there's no sound of pots and pans in the kitchen nor screams of children let alone any raye song in the air..
will my Hari Raye will always be as empty? for how long more? hurmm..
To lift out a bit of our hari raye mood.. I baked chocolate cake, cook some lontong and serve it with the serunding (that we managed to smuggle from Malaysia.. but I swear, not worth the risk! there's a sniffing dog waiting for you in Heathrow! so do bare THAT in mind before you decide to bring any food into UK! We were lucky enuff that the dog got distracted with a chinese woman who then got caught with her dried fish! fyuhh).. anyway, back to my raye story..
I even dress Myra's up in her too-big-a-abaya that I bought from Doha just before moving here.. mmm.. maybe next year it'll fit nicely ;)
And before touching all those simple raye dish, i snug into my black hari raye kurung-which is a lovely gift from Ibu.. thanks again bu.. love the design!

There, I have tried my best, but yet.. still.. it isn't enuff.. it's not raye enuff, plus, I am now in my office.. yes... working.. like i always did.
To those who could actually feel the spirit of hari raye, Selamat Aidiladha.. hope you enjoy your day.. best wishes from us in our gloomy raye day in london..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Selamat Hari Raya buat Orang di Perantauan :)