Thursday, December 25, 2008

Xmas day @the city

I was at the office working on Xmas day (is it odd that this year all of my work days fall on all those important holiday; including Eid? hurmm). Anyway, one weird fact hit me to know that here, everything is shut dead today.. so people could stay home and spend their Xmas with their family (how lucky). This includes all of the public transportation ie; buses, trains and tube! So today, the city is suppose to be empty and clear. Knowing that, I went out to snap some memorable pictures of the-quiet-streets around the city - that is streets that I walked to & flo from office to Trafalgar square.

Yes, it is much much quieter... but still there are some people who still enjoy walking by the empty city (maybe they are opportunist like me ;) ). All those shops, big or small are all closed. But as I'm nearing the end of Regent St toward Picadilly Circus, I saw few shops open, Starbucks is serving their hot coffee! With plenty of cold-thirsty people lining up. And at the back is Donut & Bagel - also open for business. They sure know when is the best time to rip-off profits!

To my not-so-surprise-anymore, i even passed by many tourist lining up to go into Ripley's Believe-it-or-not center. Wow.. how come it's open? And then Angus Steak House - full with people dining in. Well i guess it's not as dead as i tot it would be.
I don't celebrate Xmas.. but living ere, i feel that I need to blend in the spirit and see how they actually celebrate it from my own point of view, not from the-typical tv-fairy tales. Am sure bummed that it's not a whity Xmas tho... it could have been soo picture-perfect! ;)

1 comment:

:: LadyVerde + Mr.Doc :: said...

happy new year babe!
wish u wonderful 2009 bless with good health, wealth & happiness!!!

lurve
mr.doc + me