Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hmmmm

Today, after so long, Myra finally feel comfortable going across the hallway to 'lepak' at the neighbour's house on her own. Oh my.. macam dah besar je my lil princess.. dah pandai dah visit friends on her own.. so the very cute. She was mostly attracted to see the cats there.. which will make her go 'arwww.. arwww' ...hehe.. and tambah-tambah ade Kak Suria, yang pandai ambek hati Myra.. bes la Mommy leh rilex kat rumah.. ;)
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful malaysian neighbour, (my first time since I'm abroad. All this while tak penah ade neighbour malaysia).. and some more, ustazah pulak tu. It is as if god has finally lead me to a new way of adjusting myself...ke jalan yang lurus insyaallah.

I couldn't recall how long has it been since I last read the Quran. In our malaysian-muslim normal culture, when we are still young, our parents would send us over to learn and khatam Quran; which are treated like an accomplishment that one should have at least once in their lifetime. But then, after 'graduating'; after the ceremony of khatam quran; after school; some would continue to practice, and some.... would just lost with the world and it's more interesting 'fun'.... people like me that is.
I am ashame to acknowledge; me too, is among one of the many neglector of Islam's living. Yes.. i do read Quran; sometime (mostly during Ramadhan), but even when my little heart tot that I was reading it wrongly, i didn't take any action. I was too afraid, scared of being judged. But this week alhamdulillah, god is as if showing me a new way to change. I was miserably in stress. Everything was wrong. I was mad, angry and in a total mess. Then, i had a brief skype-chat talk with my sister.. She has reminded me, 'Everybody has problems; big or small, there are others with much bigger problem in life, and yet they still manage to survive. You should be thankful, think of something that'll soothe your heart, like listening or reading the Quran or even shopping! Focus on whatever makes you happy, and the stress will go off'. (Well.. basically that's her main point, banyak lagi sebenarnye..tapi takleh la citer.. hiks).
Since our last talk, I am now in much better shape at heart. I felt better and I have started to learn the Quran again. Asking my ustazah neighbour to help me with my reading. She was kind, and open-minded, making my decision much easier to follow. Alhamdulillah, may everything went well... with the Ramadhan just around the corner.. I thank god for this beautiful wake-up call. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

berazam nk khatam Quran this Ramadhan.. amin

Pinkwatch said...

love this entry! insyaAllah d jalan yang benar...

p/s: sometimes ada jugak orang yg anggap membaca Quran tu routine seharian dalam kehidupan.. kalau sehari tak baca, rasa tak lengkap hidup.. sama macam kalau sehari tak cek email, atau sehari tak read newspaper... moga2 dapat jadi pedoman buat kita semua....