Thursday, February 27, 2020

Hutang keliling pinggang.

How did it all started? Was it because of that shiny new car we fancied but can't really afford? Was it the fault of our proud heart to show off? That new designer bag, that glittering new bracelet, or that super-fantastic holiday trip that we could barely pay?

Why? why did we listen to our heart more than our brain?

Where's that 'education' we've enrolled from college? Are we that stupid now?

Desire.. desire.. desire

When the colleague came and showed her new super slick dress with matching handbag and shoes, we said we can't loose. We have to 'update'.

When the brother bought themselves a house, we said we can't loose. We need to 'update'.

When the sister spent some money on the parents as token of appreciation, we said we can't loose. We have to show ours too.. even if its mean the scarifies of previous unsolved 'hutang'.
Credit can always be settled with another credits. There's always an easy solution to solve our own problem. Why bother to ask if that person that we 'borrowed' from had the same problem like us. As long as our ass is safe. As long as our pride is highly displayed. The I-don't-care-attitute.

So on and on, the hutang gotten worst by time.. until it can't no longer be contained.

I've pledge something to myself recently, that I no longer wants to let material and brands take control of me. So I stopped shopping designers. I can't really afford it anyway. And I try my best to hold on to the concept of 'Belanja ikut kemampuan'.

But.. That's seems to be working for me, not my other half. His hobbies are getting more expensive.. Hmmm

I dunno.. There's always a new skills or new gadget requires. And it's always ok for him to get a new toy but not me to ger even a simple running shoes..

I was frustrated during our recent trip to USA. I have already pictured myself getting a pair of good running shoes as mine is already 4 years old and have served many many triathlon and marathons. It wore out. 

But no.. The complaints that I got from just r looking for shoes are just unfair. Not that I'm asking for something out of desire.. This is one thing that I use almost everyday.. Hmmm

I don't really have someone to share this sad feelings, hence this writing.

Ape2 la u.. Nasib seorang housewife. 

-another midlife crisis sign: feeling low of recent lost of career. 

No comments: