Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Myths of the 'Orang Tue'


Yes, I know.. I'm writing a completely different story, whilst my trips (sss) stories are yet to finish. But I just couldn't sleep until I write this one off my head (No.. I do not hear voices like the manics people.. it's rather inspirational thoughts by the way :P)

From day one that I announced my pregnancy, people surround me just couldn't help but to guess on the gender. They all somehow become 'the expert'. Comparing all mine and their own past experiences lah, physical appearances lah and the what they call rather abnormal behaviour of the mother (i.e Me).

So, the myths of petua orang tua begins...

1. Orang tue-tue cakap kalau 'Perut membesar kedepan, ade pinggang, anak lelaki'. (This was my mom.. she had it wrong before, dulu time myra pun die kate ade pinggang! :P)
2. Orang tue-tue cakap kalau 'kite malas2 time pregnant, anak lelaki'.
3. Orang cakap kalau 'time first pregnancy dulu lain, sekarang lain, anak lelaki' (in case the previous one is a girl)
4. Orang cakap kalau 'mabuk teruk time first trimester, anak lelaki'
5. Orang cakap kalau anak perempuan tu tak suke kat Mak die mase pregnant, anak lelaki (This is supported by Myra's abnormal behavior towards me, she is now more prone to manje with her dad than me :(
6. 'Eh eh, anak orang suke kat kau la.. anak lelaki kot lam perut tu.. Dulu die tak suke Eicha sebab pregnant girl' (my younger sister was telling this, when her 1 years old son somehow like it that I held him)

But one contrary prediction from my pinoy neighbour was that 'I think it would be a girl again, because you are so beautiful (I think she meant blooming, yada-yada)... hiks (Note: Ini yang die cakap, bukan saye nak masuk bakul angkat sendiri :P)

Then, come the Chinese calendar...

Some of my husband's officemates (No, they are not Malays nor Chinese.. and yes, they include a matsalleh too ) AND my sister both predicted 'Baby boy' on their assumption of the consumed date of the baby and the Chinese calendar calculation.. hik hik.. agak lawak considering, how on earth do you actually calculate based on the exact dates the baby is consumed?

Well, this is just few of their own initiatives, in their eager to 'bet' whether the myths are actually true. And I, myself am curious too. Sejauh mane kebenaran teori-teori ini???

Although, yesterday I have had the support of technology to confirm their prediction, semua ni still Allah (SWT) yang tentukan. Kami hanya berserah, and hopefully, 4 months after this, all those who had their share of prediction would be quite happy seeing the little bird 'flying off' my belly. Insyaallah..

Well...what's more important is the baby is safe and healthy. Aminnnnn

4 comments:

:: LadyVerde + Mr.Doc :: said...

weheeeeeeeeeee!!! so insyaalllah a pair la nanti :D so myra boley la main bola with adik later :)

erin said...

Congrats on yr pregnancy no.2. If it's a boy, Alhamdulillah, it's a bonus kan, Yeen. But wat ever it is mmg yang paling pentingnya baby sihat and cukup sifatnya, insyaAllah!

am just so excited dgr citer2 baby and preggy ni.. :)

naza said...

Yeen,
but from my experience and others..kalau time pregnant muka berseri it'll be boy..if girl muke mak die hilang seri sbb baby dh amik..hehe...apa2 pun take care..yg penting both of u selamat!!! ;)

Yeen said...

thanks guys.. hehe ade lagi org bace rupenye blog ni rupenye.. ingatkan dah bersarang2 org dah malas nak check! hahahahaha

insyaallah, kalau boy mmg happy la.. dah ade a pair.. so the one after this (dah pikir tu..hehe) dah takyah nak 'target'2 :D

Naza, yeke?! (Bukan sebab mak die dah sedia gojes, so dah pegnen boy/girl tetap menten berseri ke?! hahaha) hurm.. Anyway, kalau btul la ckp u kire camtu sume prediction towards boy la! mintak2 betul la.. aminnn